About Save the Children:
Save the Children employs approximately 25,000 people globally, working on the ground in over 100 countries to support children affected by crises or those in need of better healthcare, education, and child protection. The organization is dedicated to realizing the rights of children and advocates at the highest levels to ensure their voices are heard. Save the Children is committed to three breakthroughs by 2030: no child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday, all children learn from a quality basic education, and violence against children is no longer tolerated.
SCI – Afghanistan:
Save the Children has been making a lasting impact in Afghanistan since 1976, working closely with communities based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. The organization focuses on providing better education, enabling more boys and girls to attend school, helping children protect themselves, and working with families, communities, and health workers to promote basic health, ultimately saving lives of children and mothers.
The Warehouse and Asset Assistant plays a crucial role in the supply chain process. Responsible for overseeing the receipt, storage, and dispatch of various commodities, materials, and assets, ensuring targets are met and reports are generated. The role also includes asset management at the provincial level.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain Officer
Staff Reporting to this Post: None
Role Dimensions: Supply Chain, Programme Operations
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Maintaining a Clean and Organized Warehouse:
- Ensure a clean, secure, and well-organized warehouse.
- Implement FIFO and FEFO storage methods.
- Coordinate with Admin for pest control if necessary.
- Prevent theft, flooding, and fire by securing the warehouse.
- Utilize storage space efficiently.
- Ensure proper storage of pharmaceuticals according to standard operating procedures.
Receiving and Dispatching Goods:
- Strictly follow procedures during receipt, storage, and dispatch.
- Update bin and stock cards for received or dispatched goods.
- Record GRN and SRF accurately in the TIM system.
- Supervise unloading and loading of shipments.
- Conduct regular stock checks and reconciliations.
- Process and complete shipment documentation.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Verify and submit accurate stock reports.
- Keep the TIM system up-to-date.
- Maintain a well-organized filing and documentation system.
- Scan and record soft copies of all warehouse documents.
- Log all SCI program assets on the asset register with unique IDs.
- Track equipment issued to staff and provide training on usage.
- Report procured assets at the provincial level to the CO Asset Management focal person.
- Identify and flag assets due for disposal and replenishment.
- Maintain organized filing and documentation for asset management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice):
Holds self and the team accountable for decisions and resource management.
Holds the team and partners accountable for their responsibilities.
Sets ambitious goals for themselves and their team.
Shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engaging and motivating others.
Builds and maintains effective relationships.
Values diversity and is approachable.
Encourages new and innovative solutions.
Willing to take disciplined risks.
Encourages openness and transparency.
Demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
Graduate degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related field.
1+ years of supply chain experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1+ years of supply chain experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and as a team player.
- Fluent in Pashto, Dari, and English.
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills.
- Positive, solution-driven, and respectful attitude.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through the online application form. Attach your CV and cover letter through the online portal. Only applications received through the online portal will be considered.
N/A (Use the provided online application link)