About CARE Afghanistan:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to extending relief and development assistance to those in need. As part of the International Confederation of 13 member organizations, CARE is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations, working in over 90 countries to help communities achieve lasting victories over poverty.
- Reports to Health Facility In-Charge in Basic Health Center (BHC).
- Collaborates with members of the Basic Health Centre (BHC) and UNFPA Project staff.
- Actively contributes to Basic Health Centre and UNFPA Project Meetings at the field level.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Receive vaccines, cold chain commodities, IEC materials, and reporting formats from REMT/PEMT on a regular basis as per need and BHC catchment area population.
- Conduct vaccine administration sessions in BHC catchment area/SDPs for target mothers and children regularly.
- Ensure accuracy and quality of all field immunization activities, reporting them on time to REMT/PEMT and CARE sub-office.
- Stay updated on national EPI guidelines/policies regarding the immunization program.
- Report regularly to PEMT/REMT regarding vaccines, cold chain commodities, and data, including proper storage and inventory management.
- Maintain a focus on vaccine quality through proper adherence to EPI recommendations for cold chain maintenance in the field.
- Prepare and maintain the immunization micro plan according to BHC fixed and outreach plans.
- Organize vaccination sessions in line with the BHC fixed and outreach plans for all catchment area population.
- Conduct health education sessions during fieldwork, delivering health messages regarding immunization to clients and communities.
- Maintain close coordination with local community elders, stakeholders, and volunteers to ensure motivation and mobilization for EPI activities.
- Register and report all vaccinated eligible mothers and children using National EPI reporting formats.
- Participate in EPI/polio mass campaigns and public awareness activities.
- Support community-based volunteers (CHWs) activities in BHC catchment areas for improved coverage and referral system.
- Keep records of all EPI-related assets and cold chain commodities supplied by National EPI/UNICEF/Organization.
- Actively participate in community-based immunization awareness programs.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the health facility in-charge.
Key Results Expected:
- Increased immunization coverage for all applicable antigens in target communities.
- Improved local community awareness regarding participation in mass campaigns and routine vaccination programs.
- Increased community-level referral of eligible women and children, including CHWs’ referral of target groups to Health Facility.
Uphold CARE’s Safeguarding Policy (Link to Policy) and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Enthusiastic worker with patience.
- Culturally flexible and respectful of a multi-cultural environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Good organization, planning, and reporting skills.
- Positive attitude and good team interaction.
- Tactful with strong interpersonal skills and communication.
- Willingness to work under COVID-19 situation (PPE and IPC measures provided).
- Willingness to learn new skills.
Education and Working Experience:
Graduated from at least 12th grade; higher education, especially in a medical institute, is preferred.
Training certificate in immunization with at least one year of previous experience in the relevant field.
Fluency in spoken and written Dari and Pashtu is a requirement. English language skills are a plus.
CARE places human dignity at the center of its relief and development work, committing to protection from sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse.
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (ACBAR: Application Form) along with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without the CARE Application form will not be accepted. Indicate the position title and Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Vaccinator CARE-AF-0788).
No telephonic inquiries. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. The successful applicant will undergo background checks and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse), and other policies.
People with physical disabilities and women are highly encouraged to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available here)
See Also: Community Health & Nutrition Worker