About Save the Children:
Save the Children, a global organization employing around 25,000 people across 100 countries, is dedicated to aiding children in crises and those requiring improved healthcare, education, and child protection. We work globally, advocating for children’s rights, aiming for three breakthroughs by 2030: preventing child deaths, providing quality basic education, and eliminating violence against children.
SCI – Afghanistan:
Operating in Afghanistan since 1976, Save the Children has delivered lasting change to tens of thousands of children. Working based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, we focus on better education, increased school attendance, child protection, and basic health promotion.
The Supply Chain Manager for the GPE Consortium ensures robust Supply Chain systems, performance, and coordination for the GPE project. Collaborating with the SCI CO Supply Chain Team, the role also involves supporting the Consortium in strategic management, specifically in Procurement and Sourcing, Construction Management, Fleet, and Asset Management.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develop an organizational culture reflecting dual mandate values, promoting accountability, high performance, and encouraging a team culture of learning and innovation.
- Provide prompt and scale-appropriate support during emergencies, ensuring adherence to rules and principles.
- Coordinate and deliver high-quality Procurement and Sourcing support aligned with country and program strategy objectives.
- Participate in program proposal and review processes, ensuring programs progress within grant agreements, on time, and within budget.
- Collaborate with consortium partners and national counterparts to ensure timely execution of Supply Chain activities.
- Monitor national partners’ Supply Chain capacity, provide guidance, and conduct capacity-building for partners’ supply chain staff.
- Prepare high-quality Supply Chain reports and develop grant-specific procurement plans.
- Ensure project supply planning aligns with grant-specific procurement plans.
- Oversee the coordination link between Procurement and Warehouse for seamless operations.
- Contribute to emergency responses, following established frameworks and needs identification.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice):
Holds self and the team accountable for decisions and achieving Save the Children values.
Holds partners accountable, providing freedom to deliver and applying consequences when results are not achieved.
Sets ambitious goals, takes responsibility for personal and team development, and encourages the same in the team.
Shares personal vision for Save the Children, engaging and motivating others.
Thinks strategically and globally, fostering a future-oriented approach.
Builds and maintains effective relationships, valuing diversity.
Approachable, good listener, and easy to work with.
Develops and encourages innovative solutions.
Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness, and demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
Undergraduate degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 4 years of experience in Supply Chain operations management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication and feedback skills.
- Fluent in English and Dari/Pashto.
- Self-starter with effective time management and organizational skills.
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work with a diverse team.
- Positive, solution-driven with strong analytical thinking.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel.
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Travel to provincial offices required (40% of the time).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through the online application form. Attach your CV and cover letter in the online system. Save your login details for future applications.
Save the Children International provides equal employment opportunities and does not request money at any recruitment stage. Our selection process prioritizes the protection of children from abuse.
“Save the Children strongly encourages applications from women. Minimum country requirements for potential female applicants will be followed.”
Online Application Form
See Also: Incident Management Assistant