About Save the Children:
Save the Children, a global organization with approximately 25,000 employees across 100 countries, is dedicated to aiding children affected by crises and those in need of improved healthcare, education, and child protection. We work tirelessly to advocate for children’s rights, striving towards three key goals by 2030: preventing child deaths from preventable causes, ensuring all children receive a quality basic education, and eradicating violence against children.
SCI – Afghanistan:
Operating in Afghanistan since 1976, Save the Children has been delivering lasting change to thousands of children. Working in alignment with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, we focus on providing better education, enabling more children to attend school, protecting children, and promoting basic health to save lives.
The Incident Management Assistant supports the Counter Fraud Team in conducting investigations, maintaining records in Datix and at the CO level, delivering training, and coordinating visits to offices where SCI and contracted partners operate. The role involves providing capacity-building training on counter-fraud management to staff and partners under the guidance of the Counter Fraud Officer.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Timely reporting of potential cases in Datix.
- Management of the Datix and in-country database of investigations and recommendations.
- Support/Assist the CF team in communication with stakeholders by providing information and analysis.
- Coordinate with provincial focal points to enhance CF practices.
- Support in delivering mandatory and refresher training.
- Contribute to investigations and conduct visits to project sites/offices of SCI and/or partners.
- Participate in interviews, document reviews, and produce necessary working papers/notes/reports.
- Conduct Counter Fraud orientation for newly hired staff.
- Raise awareness on Counter Fraud policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Update local CF reporting and follow-up tracker regularly.
- Maintain high levels of professional behavior in line with CF Policy and Code of Conduct.
Holds self and the team accountable for decisions and achieving Save the Children values.
Ensures team and partners deliver on responsibilities.
Sets ambitious goals for personal and team development.
Shares personal vision for Save the Children, engaging and motivating others.
Builds and maintains effective relationships, values diversity.
Approachable, good listener, and easy to work with.
Develops and encourages new solutions.
Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
1-2 years of relevant experience (audit/risk/investigation/quality) applicable to the role with knowledge of common analytical tools.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Strong analytical skills to identify fraud risk areas in complex operational environments.
- Demonstrable understanding of counter-fraud activities and mechanisms for reducing fraud.
- Good investigative ability.
- Awareness of current best practices in investigation techniques.
- Good communicator and facilitator, able to articulate findings clearly.
- Good negotiating skills, collaborative and able to work with peers from different departments.
- Cultural awareness, ability to work well in an international environment.
Membership of a professional anti-fraud body and/or professional data analytics certification.
Proficiency in one of SCI’s languages.
Knowledge of SCI systems including Agresso, TIM, ER/CAM, PPM Prime, Datix, etc.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for the position through the online application form. Attach your CV and cover letter in the online system. Save your login details for future applications.
Save the Children International follows equal opportunities and diversity policies. The role holder is expected to carry out duties in accordance with Save the Children Health and Safety policies and procedures, as well as the SCI anti-harassment policy.
To ensure the protection of children, our selection process includes rigorous background checks.
See Also: Counter Fraud Officer