About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps is a global organization committed to creating a better world in the face of challenges. Operating in over 40 countries, we partner with communities in times of disaster, conflict, or economic collapse to implement bold solutions that help people overcome adversity and build resilient, thriving communities.
Mercy Corps has been actively engaged in humanitarian assistance and development programs in Afghanistan since 1986. Our initiatives span various sectors, including agriculture, skills development, renewable energy, natural resources management, community infrastructure, and job creation. Currently, we are gearing up to implement a 6-month program in Herat province to provide water and sanitation facilities and promote hygiene in villages affected by an earthquake.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
We believe in building a team that reflects diverse origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and perspectives. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is an ongoing journey, and we strive to create a culture of trust and respect where every individual contributes their authentic selves.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Mercy Corps is an equal-opportunity employer that actively seeks diverse talents and perspectives to strengthen our collective impact globally.
General Position Summary:
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Roving Senior HR Officer plays a crucial role in overseeing the full cycle of the selection process for new Mercy Corps team members. This role focuses on ensuring a fair, transparent, and diverse approach to talent acquisition, aligning with Mercy Corps policies and regulations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure qualitative completeness of all recruitment processes.
- Identify and resolve qualitative issues across talent recruitment processes.
- Facilitate Hiring Manager training and support in finalizing salary negotiations.
- Execute full lifecycle talent acquisition activities for multiple disciplines.
- Work closely with hiring managers to identify personnel needs and job specifications.
- Maintain a talent pool of external and internal candidates for additional interviews.
- Oversee the recruitment system and prepare quarterly recruitment and onboarding plans.
- Adhere to all Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional conduct aligning with Mercy Corps’ humanitarian goal.
- Coordinate with the HR team for data settlement, personal files, timesheets, etc.
- Ensure proper work permits for team members and maintain job and personnel files.
- Update the Recruitment Tracker and promptly inform the HR Manager.
Strategy and Planning:
- Support the HR Manager in implementing the National Staff Handbook and HR policies.
- Develop strategic relationships with hiring sources and ensure transparent HR processes.
- Establish a proactive and sustainable recruitment planning system.
Collaborate with other Mercy Corps departments to ensure HR functions according to policies.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Manage staff, exemplifying a collaborative team culture.
- Participate in the development of organization-wide goals and decisions.
- Coach and develop the capacity of the team.
- Promote accountability and mutual respect within the team.
Commit 5% of time to learning activities benefiting Mercy Corps and personal development.
Accountability to Program Participants:
Support efforts towards accountability to program participants and international standards.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant sector.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably with an NGO.
- Strong understanding of HR responsibilities, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Excellent interview skills and proficiency in HR data analysis.
- Fluency in English, Pashto, and Dari required.
- Experience in working with ethnically diverse teams in a sensitive environment.
- Attention to detail, meeting deadlines, and problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work independently.
- Strong computer knowledge (MS Office) and communication skills.
- Time management skills.
To apply, please submit your CV and Cover letter with the vacancy number and position title in the subject line (e.g., MCA068-2023 Application for ROVING SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER) to email@example.com by the close of business on 08-Jan-2024.
Only shortlisted candidates meeting the criteria will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Note: Mercy Corps will provide office space and facilities, and employees are responsible for arranging lodgings if working in a field office other than their home province.
Read Also: PROGRAM ASSISTANT