Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is seeking a dedicated Human Resources Assistant to join our team and contribute to the empowerment of Afghan women and girls. As a crucial member of the Human Resource unit, the HR Assistant will play a pivotal role in implementing WAW policies and procedures. The primary responsibilities include managing employee personnel files in both physical and digital formats, facilitating staff inductions and exit formalities, and providing administrative support to the Regional Management and HR & Admin department/HQ. This role also involves overseeing HR functions within assigned projects/facilities, emphasizing the importance of upholding women’s rights and challenging gender-based violence norms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Regional Management and HR & Admin department/HQ in exit formalities and confidential interview reports for separated WAW staff.
- Provide essential documents to new joiners, including HR policy, code of conduct, and brief them on office regulations and timings.
- Conduct orientation/induction sessions for new WAW team members in collaboration with Regional Management and HR & Admin department/HQ.
- Collect and analyze performance appraisal results across WAW faculties/projects.
- Maintain and update personnel files according to WAW HR standards.
- Assist in updating personnel files digitally, sharing them with HR & Admin department/HQ for review and storage on Dropbox.
- Scan personnel files for new hires and prepare them for uploading on Dropbox.
- Track and prepare staff contract extensions.
- Assist in preparing personnel action reports for various projects in the Southern region to process payroll.
- Draft HR-related letters such as promotion, amendment, termination, and contract end notices.
- Coordinate and organize facilities for new recruits in collaboration with Regional Management, HR & Admin department, and Admin Officer.
- Prepare and process staff time sheets and per diem reports under supervisor supervision on a monthly basis.
- Collect staff time sheets from field offices for uploading on Dropbox.
- Participate in interviews as an HR representative when required.
- Ensure all official communications related to HR duties are copied to the Regional Manager.
- Be available to work during holidays if needed.
- Perform any other tasks directed by line managers.
- Minimum of two years of HR work experience with INGOs or NGOs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (HRM) or a relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto (written and spoken).
- Proficient in MS Office packages and general office procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and troubleshoot effectively.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Fluency in Pashto and/or Dari with a strong command of English.
Interested Afghan applicants should submit a Cover Letter and CV in One PDF file, clearly indicating the vacancy number (VA# 1395 HR Assistant-KDR) and the location in the cover letter and the subject line of the email. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Educational and work certificates should not be sent at this stage. Applications received after the closing date or without the location in the subject line will not be considered.