About New Way Social and Development Organization:
New Way Social & Development Organization is a reputable development, advocacy, and humanitarian organization founded in 2011 and registered with the Ministry of Economy, Government of Afghanistan. Based in Kabul, with programming hubs across the north and northeastern provinces, our mission is to empower vulnerable and marginalized communities affected by war, natural calamities, poverty, and injustice. We are committed to integrated development, addressing socio-economic, cultural, and governance aspects. Community empowerment lies at the core of our strategy, engaging grassroots groups to tackle the root causes of poverty, inequality, and injustice.
Job Description: Human Resource Support
Join our team as a Human Resource Support and contribute to the meaningful work of our organization.
- Assist in implementing HR policies in compliance with local laws and organizational standards.
- Support the recruitment process, including job postings, candidate screening, scheduling interviews, and onboarding activities.
- Maintain accurate employee records, including personnel files, contracts, and attendance records.
- Coordinate training programs and workshops to enhance staff capacities and skills.
- Handle employee inquiries and support in resolving HR-related issues.
- Foster a positive work environment promoting teamwork and professional development.
- Provide administrative support to the HR & Admin Manager and the wider team.
- Manage office supplies, equipment, and facilities, ensuring timely procurement and maintenance.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, workshops, and events.
- Support in the preparation and monitoring of administrative budgets and expenses.
- Assist in organizing travel arrangements and accommodations for staff and visitors.
- Handle correspondence, phone calls, and other communications professionally.
Compliance and Reporting:
Ensure compliance with donor requirements, organizational policies, and local regulations.
Assist in preparing internal and external reports related to HR and administrative activities.
Participate in audits and assessments to ensure adherence to established standards and guidelines.
Capacity Building and Collaboration:
Engage in professional development opportunities in HR and administrative functions.
Collaborate with team members to contribute to a positive work culture and effective teamwork.
Support the HR & Admin Manager in projects and initiatives improving organizational processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in HR and administrative roles, preferably in humanitarian aid or development.
- Familiarity with Afghan labor laws, regulations, and cultural dynamics.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and effective multitasking.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and HR management software.
- Fluency in English and Dari or Pashto; both written and spoken.
We are committed to a safe and respectful environment for our employees, beneficiaries, partners, and community members. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse or exploitation. Our recruitment process includes background checks and adherence to our PSEA Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, or physical or mental handicap.
Considering the Official published letter from IEA (Government), we cannot recruit any current or previous governmental employee who was employed by governmental agencies during the last two years.
Interested candidates should submit their Cover Letter and CVs (combined in one file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date mentioned above. Please mention the position title and vacancy number in the subject of your email (e.g., HR Officer–NSDO-04-2024).