The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global organization dedicated to responding to the world’s most challenging humanitarian crises. Established in 1933 under the guidance of Albert Einstein, the IRC provides vital care and transformative assistance to refugees displaced by conflict or disaster. Operating in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, the IRC is committed to restoring safety, dignity, and hope to millions in need.
IRC Afghanistan Program:
Since 1988, the IRC has been active in Afghanistan, delivering crucial humanitarian relief, engaging in early recovery efforts, and contributing to development activities. Our diverse programs focus on child protection, education, economic well-being, health, and power. With a presence in 10 provinces, including high-security areas, the IRC employs over 1000 dedicated staff members.
Compliance with Policies:
At IRC, adherence to professional conduct standards, known as the IRC WAY, is a shared responsibility. We strictly enforce the IRC Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies, maintaining a zero-tolerance approach to any violations committed by staff, consultants, contractors, volunteers, interns, suppliers, vendors, sub-grantees/partners, or associates.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the efficiency of our operations. Your responsibilities include:
- Scanning and organizing both active and inactive personnel files.
- Arranging and sorting active files for new hires.
- Managing office notice boards, ensuring timely updates and proper arrangement.
- Handling the posting of job advertisements, receiving and sorting applications.
- Learning HR processes and procedures.
- Assisting in maintaining personnel files for the Kabul office.
- Updating personnel files in both soft and hard copies.
- Receiving and organizing documents from the field.
- Updating the HRIS database.
- Handling various administrative tasks, including appointment and meeting preparations.
- Providing clerical assistance to management and staff.
- Renewing office contracts on time.
- Managing the office kitchen and overseeing office material availability.
- Providing accommodation for office guests.
- Fresh graduate from university or ongoing studies.
- Excellent proficiency in English and Dari/Pashto languages.
- Computer skills are a must.
- Strong organizational and reporting skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment is an added advantage.
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
“The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. Employees interested in a new position must inform their supervisor in advance.”
All qualified candidates are invited to apply via the following link: IRC Job Application
Note: Applicants who recently applied/interviewed will not be considered again. Applications without the given link and/or online system will be disqualified.
Refer to submission guideline.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and subsequent interviews. If you do not receive communication within TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. The IRC Afghanistan Country Office is located at Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.