About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization committed to safeguarding and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. WAW empowers Afghan women to exercise their rights, pursue self-determination, and gain representation across all aspects of life. We are dedicated to challenging gender-based violence norms and advocating for positive change.
The Human Resources Assistant will manage HR activities within the Human Resource unit of WAW. Responsibilities include facilitating HR activities, adhering to established WAW policies and procedures, managing personnel files, digitizing records, supporting staff inductions and exit formalities, and overseeing HR functions for the assigned project/facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Regional Management and HR & Admin department/HQ in exit formalities and confidential interview reports for separated WAW staff.
- Provide new joiners with required documents, HR policy copies, code of conduct briefings, and orientation/induction sessions.
- Collect and analyze performance appraisal results from all WAW faculties/projects.
- Keep and update personnel files in accordance with WAW HR standards.
- Assist in updating and sharing personnel files with HR & Admin department/HQ for review and update on Dropbox.
- Scan new hiring staff personnel files and prepare them for upload on Dropbox.
- Track and prepare staff contract extensions.
- Assist in preparing personnel action reports for processing payroll.
- Draft HR-related letters such as promotion, amendment, termination, and contract end notices.
- Arrange and organize facilities for new recruiting staff in coordination with Regional Management, HR & Admin department, and Admin Officer.
- Prepare and process Staff time sheets and Per Diem Reports under the supervisor’s guidance.
- Collect staff time sheets from field offices for uploading on Dropbox.
- Participate in interviews as an HR representative if required.
- Coordinate and copy the Regional Manager in all official communications related to HR duties.
- Work during holidays if necessary.
- Perform any other tasks directed by line managers.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in HR with INGOs or NGOs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (HRM) or a relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills at an office operation level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player with good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Fluent in Pashto and/or Dari with a strong command of English.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- General experience/knowledge of office administration and human resources procedures.
Interested Afghan applicants should submit a cover letter along with their CVs in one PDF file explaining their interest in and suitability for the position.
Please indicate the vacancy number (VA#1374 HR Assistant /BLK) clearly in the cover letter and in the subject line of your email and send it to: email@example.com.
Note: Kindly avoid sending your educational and work certificates at this stage of recruitment. Applications received after the closing date without mentioning the location in the subject line of the email will not be considered.
Read Also: Monitoring & Liaison Coordinator