New Way Social and Development Organization (NSDO) is a Kabul-based development, advocacy, and humanitarian organization established in 2011. Registered with the Ministry of Economy, Government of Afghanistan, NSDO operates in Kabul and across the north and northeastern provinces of the country. NSDO is dedicated to empowering vulnerable and marginalized communities impacted by the consequences of war, natural calamities, poverty, and injustice. Committed to integrated development, NSDO addresses socio-economic, cultural, and good governance aspects. The core strategy revolves around Community Empowerment, engaging with grassroots groups and communities to tackle the root causes of poverty, inequalities, and injustice.
- As a Poultry Value Chain Officer, you will play a vital role in the comprehensive analysis and enhancement of the local poultry value chain. Key responsibilities include:
- Perform an exhaustive analysis of the local poultry value chain, meticulously identifying key actors, discerning market dynamics, and pinpointing opportunities for enhancement.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of prevailing value chain systems to lay the groundwork for strategic improvements.
- Undertake market assessments of pertinent products and services, fostering sustainable growth by establishing and nurturing market linkages.
- Proactively identify and conceptualize poultry-centric activities that align with program objectives and needs.
- Collaborate closely with short-term expert staff to crystallize training strategies, ensuring their seamless execution and optimal impact.
- Fulfill specific research and survey requisites essential for shaping the program’s value chain approach, ensuring alignment with established planning and implementation protocols.
- Forge and sustain robust relationships with stakeholders across the poultry value chain spectrum, including farmers, input suppliers, processors, retailers, and other pertinent actors.
- Serve as a bridge, linking entrepreneurs and prospective investors with service providers for invaluable advisory and technical support, encompassing facets such as business case development, economic viability analysis, risk assessments, and value chain project feasibility.
- Skillfully organize and lead meetings, workshops, and training sessions, fostering an environment conducive to knowledge sharing and collaboration among stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design and execution of strategic value chain upgrading measures, strategies, and activities, meticulously tailored to meet the unique demands of the respective value chains.
- Engage in synergistic collaboration with the Team to ascertain priority activities within the agribusiness and value chain sectors.
- Champion the organizational development of sub-sector associations and institutions delivering indispensable services to target groups.
- Spearhead the comprehensive planning and execution of training activities while orchestrating the selection of beneficiaries within designated areas.
- Maintain a meticulously curated database encompassing the diverse array of companies and agencies engaged in supply chains and value chain operations.
- Approach project design and implementation through a peace and conflict-sensitive lens, ensuring that measures align with these principles.
- Facilitate the coordination of horizontal and vertical linkages amongst value chain actors within Maidan Wardak Province.
- Provide support and oversight for Short-Term Experts (STEs) operating in the field.
- Contribute substantively to the draft work plan, infusing it with a highly detailed approach underscored by discernible benchmarks and deliverables.
- Harness the potential of value chain opportunities by crafting project summaries and market analysis reports that illuminate prospects.
- Conduct meticulous field visits to verify the quality of work undertaken.
- Assume a pivotal role in project implementation, maintaining unwavering compliance with donor stipulations, guidelines, and regulations.
- Participate actively in weekly meetings convened by NSDO, providing comprehensive reports.
- Organize monthly value chain partner meetings within Maidan Wardak Province to facilitate collaboration and knowledge exchange.
- Establish and nurture seamless communication and coordination channels with Value Chain partners and the Project Manager to ensure seamless implementation of project activities.
- Attend to any other duties assigned by the Project Manager, executed with the same level of diligence and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in agriculture, Veterinary, rural development, natural resources management, environmental studies, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven expertise and experience in community resilience and Agro business value chain development, conflict sensitivity, market analysis, value chain upgrading, quality standards.
- Excellent leadership, management, and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to adapt to changing situations and cope with challenges.
- Excellent report writing skills, with the ability to produce clear, concise, and quality reports for internal management and external reporting to the donor.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Dari and/or Pashto is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other relevant project management software applications.
Interested candidates should submit their Cover Letter and CVs (combined into one file) to [email@example.com](mailto:afghanistan.hr
Read Also: Call for CV Vegetable Value Chain Officer