About New Way Social and Development Organization (NSDO):
NSDO is a registered development organization established in 2011, dedicated to empowering vulnerable and marginalized communities in Afghanistan. With a focus on integrated development, NSDO addresses socio-economic, cultural, and good governance issues, aiming to eliminate the root causes of poverty, inequalities, and injustice.
As an Admin & Procurement Assistant, you will play a crucial role in creating and maintaining efficient relationships with departments and vendors/suppliers. Key responsibilities include:
- Execute purchasing and procurement of goods/services following procurement policies and manager instructions.
- Ensure transparent and documented procurement processes from PR to GRN.
- Purchase goods based on approved PRs and deliver them to the respective departments with proper documentation.
- Obtain quotes for purchasing items or services, ensuring a quote committee is present for high-price items.
- Prepare bid forms based on bid evaluations and process further required steps.
- Rise PO to suppliers and service providers after approval of Bid Analysis.
- Complete GRN after receiving goods/services.
- Conduct regular stock record IN/OUT and report to the main office.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and important data.
- Ensure high-quality products and supplies.
- Assist in managing office and rental cars, including fuel usage and maintenance.
- Handle Administerial and HR-related tasks in Herat province.
- Participate in obtaining quotations.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in local languages and English (if possible).
- Cultural and religious sensitivity and values.
- Compliance with organizational rules and regulations, including anti-harassment policy.
- Good knowledge of computer skills, particularly MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Candidates should be current residents of the mentioned duty station.
Interested candidates should submit their Cover Letter and CVs (in one file) to email@example.com no later than the closing date mentioned. Please mention the position title and vacancy number in the email subject. For example: Admin & Procurement Assistant– NSDO-42-2023.
Applications with insufficient, incomplete, and inconsistent information will not be considered.
We appreciate all applicants’ interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview.
Join us in creating positive change in Afghan communities. NSDO is an equal opportunity employer committed to a safe and inclusive working environment.
Read Also: Project Officer (Call for CV)