CARE Afghanistan is a non-governmental, non-political humanitarian organization committed to providing relief and development assistance globally. As part of the CARE International Confederation, we operate in over 90 countries, working towards lasting victories over poverty. We are currently seeking a dedicated and skilled individual to join our team as a Procurement Advisor.
About CARE International in Afghanistan:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan, and non-sectarian organization dedicated to extending relief and development assistance to those in need.
Summary of Key Functions:
- As a Procurement Advisor, you will play a vital role in implementing the Procurement Management of CARE Afghanistan. Key responsibilities include:
- Advising Procurement & Logistics Manager on the implementation of Procurement Management.
- Preparing and reviewing the Procurement Plan based on project budget, CARE, and Donor requirements for approval.
- Providing information and technical advice on procurement policies, procedures, systems, and standards to the Procurement & Logistics Manager.
- Facilitating knowledge building and sharing on procurement matters for staff in Kabul and Provincial Offices.
- Acting as Procurement & Logistics Manager in their absence.
Reports to the Procurement & Logistics Manager.
Supervises Procurement Officers on matters related to procurement support services.
Collaborates with program, finance, program support, internal audit, and provincial offices.
Based at CARE Afghanistan Kabul Office with regular visits to Provincial Offices.
Key Expected Results on Procurement Management:
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with CARE AFG rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Advise Procurement and Logistics Manager in finalizing procurement transactions.
- Analyze information for the preparation of procurement plans and monitor their implementation.
- Review and analyze Procurement Status Report and present it to the Procurement & Logistics Manager.
- Implement proper monitoring and control of procurement processes in compliance with CARE rules and regulations.
- Manage rosters of suppliers, supplier selection and evaluation criteria, quality, and performance measurement mechanisms.
Uphold CARE’s Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
Safety and Security Responsibility:
Promote a safe and secure work environment, foster a safety and security culture, and ensure consistent application of CARE Afghanistan safety and security policies and procedures.
Demonstrates integrity and models CARE AFG’s values and ethical standards.
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of CARE AFG.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Promotes knowledge sharing and a learning culture in the office.
Provides analytical inputs to operational planning and reporting.
Leads procurement processes using specific methods (RFQ, ITB, RFP).
Demonstrates effective working relations and leadership skills.
Skills and Experience:
Proven work experience in procurement management and logistics in the humanitarian/development sector.
Donor experience is desirable.
Strong planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
Initiative and teamwork approach.
Excellent written communication skills.
Technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, and effective collaboration skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or Economics; Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of 6 years practical experience in Procurement Management, with at least 2 years in the capacity of Procurement Advisor.
Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access & Outlook.
Full command of written and spoken English and local languages.
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form along with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications after the closing date and without the CARE Application form will not be accepted. Indicate the position title and Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Procurement Advisor CARE-AF-0811 Kabul).
No telephonic inquiries will be entertained. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Background Check, Bridger check & Reference check and comply with CARE Afghanistan’s policies.
CARE Afghanistan encourages applications from people with physical disabilities and women.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING POLICY (Available at: Safeguarding)
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CODE OF CONDUCT (Available at: [CARE Afg Code of Conduct](CARE Afg Code of Conduct (updated).pdf))