About Islamic Relief Worldwide Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is a global, non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization headquartered in Birmingham, UK. With consultative status at the United Nations Economic and Social Council, IRW is committed to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movements and NGOs in Disaster Relief. For over 23 years, Islamic Relief has been instrumental in providing emergency relief and transformative development projects for vulnerable populations in Afghanistan. Since its establishment in 1999, IRA has continued to assist in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
Job Description: Midwife
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Midwife is a crucial member responsible for implementing health and nutrition activities through Community Health Points, mothers’ groups, and community awareness. Key responsibilities include providing basic healthcare for mothers, Antenatal Care, Postnatal Care, and nutrition awareness for mothers and children. The Midwife will also facilitate community awareness and maintain coordination with local elders, the community, and stakeholders while providing necessary support to the Medical Doctor.
- Manage Health Service Point in the community.
- Provide primary healthcare services for mothers and children.
- Maintain and update the database for mothers and children in targeted areas.
- Provide maternal healthcare services regularly in targeted areas.
- Ensure patient confidentiality, conducting dignified and respectful consultations.
- Provide psychosocial support to patients based on their needs.
- Deliver antenatal and postnatal care following relevant standards and protocols.
- Maintain linkage with existing government and non-government service centers, facilitating referral pathways for critical cases.
- Conduct screening to identify SAM and MAM children in targeted areas.
- Arrange Nutrition Camp and community mobilization activities related to health and nutrition.
- Maintain open and professional relations within the team, promoting a strong team spirit, and provide guidance to enable successful performance.
- Support and mentor Community Health and Nutrition Workers.
- Implement outreach activities with the team to access ‘hard to reach’ populations.
- Collaborate with and support Community Health and Nutrition Workers in health promotion, community mobilization, and awareness-raising.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local communities, government agencies, and other organizations.
- Conduct meetings with local communities and represent the program in local stakeholder meetings.
- Collaborate with PBHS and EPHS.
- Prepare monthly progress reports and submit them in a timely manner.
- Perform any other official tasks assigned by the line manager.
Graduated from a midwifery institute.
- At least two years of experience in the relevant field.
- Fluent in local languages.
- Previous MCH experience is desirable.
- Previous BPHS experience is desirable.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Good teamwork spirit.
Interested and qualified female national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and an updated CV through the following link: Job Application Link
The closing date for applications is 03-Feb-2024. Please ensure the subject line includes the Vacancy Announcement number and the position title. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test/interview.
Note: The written test/interview may occur on a rolling basis due to the urgent need for the position.
See Also: Psychosocial Counselor