About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is at the forefront of responding to the world’s most critical humanitarian crises, providing life-saving care and transformative assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. Established in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC operates in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, restoring safety, dignity, and hope to millions facing displacement.
In Afghanistan since 1988, IRC’s programs encompass humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities. Operating in 10 provinces, including some of the most volatile areas, IRC employs over 1000 dedicated staff.
Under the supervision of the Health Coordinator and MHPSS Technical Advisor, the MHPSS Manager will play a crucial role in overseeing the implementation of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) programs. The position involves providing technical guidance, capacity building, and support to the MHPSS team. The MHPSS Manager will ensure compliance with IRC and donor regulations, adherence to the IRC’s program strategy, and coordination with various stakeholders.
- Oversee implementation of MHPSS programs and reporting in line with IRC and donor regulations.
- Provide technical guidance and project implementation support for MHPSS programs.
- Conduct capacity building and on-the-job coaching of the MHPSS team members.
- Ensure MHPSS interventions comply with IRC’s program strategy, national policies, and IASC Minimum Standards.
- Develop SOPs and protocols for mental health and psychosocial support providers.
- Conduct/participate in mental health and psychosocial needs assessments.
- Analyze technical gaps and program impact at the community level.
- Provide direct training, supervision, and monitoring assistance to MHPSS interventions.
- Coordinate with program coordinators on MHPSS activity plans.
- Contribute to high-quality and timely donor reports.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues.
- Work with the HIS Coordinator to conduct regular analysis of MHPSS data.
- BA degree or advanced degree (master’s preferred) in Psychology or Counseling.
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience in psychosocial support/psychology.
- Experience in clinical supervision, training, and/or coaching others.
- Knowledge of IASC MHPSS guidelines and best practices.
- Minimum 2-3 years of management experience desired.
- Strong project management and capacity-building skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, Pushto, and Dari.
- Demonstrated organizational and reporting skills.
How to Apply:
For IRC-Afghanistan internal candidates, apply through the IRC Careers Portal.
Note: IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization.
Refer to submission guideline on IRC Careers Portal.
Join IRC in making a meaningful impact on the lives of those affected by humanitarian crises. Apply now and be part of a global team dedicated to bringing positive change to communities in need.
Read Also: Senior Analyst Cybersecurity