About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a renowned non-governmental organization dedicated to humanitarian efforts, committed to providing relief and development assistance globally. Operating in over 90 countries, CARE focuses on empowering communities in the developing world to overcome poverty.
Summary of Key Functions:
As the Gender and Women Empowerment Program Manager, you will play a pivotal role in supporting CARE Afghanistan’s Women Empowerment program. Your responsibilities include advancing the Women Empowerment Program Strategy Framework, emphasizing gender equality and women and girl’s empowerment. Your active engagement in designing concept notes and proposals, advocacy strategy implementation, and gender integration will be crucial.
Strengthening Women Empowerment Pillar:
- Align the Country Office (CO) with CARE’s global gender strategy.
- Develop concepts and proposals to expand women empowerment initiatives.
- Network with stakeholders to promote women empowerment internally and externally.
- Support and supervise Women Empowerment Project Managers.
- Provide technical expertise for strategies integrating gender equality.
- Identify and address gender expertise gaps in different programs.
- Contribute to internal dissemination of gender equality policies and initiatives.
- Integrate gender into relevant programs, ensuring gender mainstreaming in proposals.
Advocacy and Communications Support:
- Draft papers and key points for Advocacy and Communications needs.
- Stay informed on developments related to the humanitarian situation in Afghanistan, with a focus on gender.
- Support research by conducting interviews, transcribing, translating, and participating in analysis.
- Train Advocacy focal points at provincial levels on gender mainstreaming.
Strategic Planning, Analysis, and Program Design:
- Support the implementation of gender/women and girls’ empowerment strategies.
- Contribute to raising funds for gender capacity and cutting-edge programs.
- Review and execute the CAFG Gender Strategy, ensuring gender mainstreaming guidelines.
- Lead the development of quality standards for gender-sensitive programming.
- Conduct gender capacity assessments for CO staff and partners.
- Design and provide tailor-made gender capacity-building training.
- Establish a gender task force in the Country Office.
- Strategic Support to Coalition Building and Policy Engagement:
- Facilitate staff representation in networks promoting gender equality.
- Represent CARE in Gender-related forums and contribute to GBV Sub-Cluster.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of gender-specific advocacy strategies.
Capable of working for women’s empowerment, coping with GBV, and gender mainstreaming.
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership and management skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in Dari or Pashtu.
- Research experience is desirable.
Master’s or bachelor’s degree in a field related to gender studies, law, political sciences, or social disciplines.
At least 5 years of work experience in gender or related programs.
Experience in both International and National Women’s NGOs or government organizations.
Fluency in spoken and written English, Dari, and/or Pashtu.
Submit the completed CARE Standard Job application form to email@example.com.
Clearly indicate the position title and Vacancy Number in the Subject Line.
Applications without the CARE Application form will not be accepted.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
CARE is committed to safeguarding policies, code of conduct, and promoting diversity. People with disabilities and women are highly encouraged to apply.
Submission Email: Afg.Vacancies@care.org
See Also: Project Field Coordinator