About Aga Khan Foundation:
Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is dedicated to improving living conditions and opportunities in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. With a mission established in 1967, AKF focuses on creative solutions to social development challenges in Asia and East Africa, ranging from health and education to rural development and private-sector empowerment.
As the Gender Specialist of the Program Implementation Unit (PIU), you will play a crucial role in ensuring the implementation of gender equality and inclusion standards throughout the project. Reporting directly to the Environmental and Social Management (ESM) Specialist, your responsibilities will involve various tasks aimed at promoting gender equality and inclusion in project activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and ensure adherence to Gender Equality, Gender Inclusion, Gender Mainstreaming Guidelines, and Gender Integration Action Plan based on the project’s ESMF and AKF’s ESCP.
- Implement Gender Inclusion and Gender Mainstreaming Guidelines and Gender Equality Strategy, ensuring compliance by IPs and their contractors.
- Design and develop gender inclusion and mainstreaming forms, guidelines, and manuals for effective women/girls’ participation in water and sanitation projects.
- Collaborate with AKF Safeguarding Unit to implement a Sexual Exploitation and Abuse/Sexual Harassment (SEA/SH) Action Plan, assessing and managing risks in the project.
- Disseminate information to women/Project-Affected Persons (PAPs) as proposed in the project ESMF, conducting assessments of women affected by the project.
- Coordinate with IPs ESM officers to ensure women’s participation in ESMF provisions and social development issues during ESMP implementation.
- Monitor women’s participation in project implementation, ensuring compliance with agreed terms, and addressing challenges through dialogue and recommendations.
- Support training initiatives for key counterparts, IPs ESM Officers, and TPMA officers on gender-related aspects, including SEA/SH risk mitigation.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on gender-related issues, ensuring timely reporting to the PIU, AKF, and the World Bank.
Occasional Significant Duties and Responsibilities:
Represent PIU in World Bank and IPs gender meetings on project implementation.
Decision-Making & Authority:
Have the authority to decide on all gender inclusion and gender equality aspects of the project.
Be a member of Gender and SEA/SH performance evaluation committee.
Be a member of PIU-ESM Senior Management Team.
University degree in social sciences, international relations, public administration, development studies, or a related field.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, fluency in English, Farsi/Dari, and Pashtu languages.
At least 4 years of relevant professional experience in Government, NGO, and/or UN Agency context, including fieldwork.
Experience in gender inclusion, social protection, poverty reduction, and community development infrastructure projects/programs.
Required Core Competencies:
Knowledge and experience in conflict resolution and problem-solving in community-driven development contexts.
Familiarity with communities, CDCs, DDAs, and CSOs.
Proficiency in computer applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter to Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1st February 2024.
Quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the email when applying.
No supporting documents are required at this stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
Salary scale: Grade B based on NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan is committed to equal opportunity and safeguarding, reflecting our dedication to the welfare of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members, and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.
See Also: Cyber Security – Incident Responder