About New Way Social and Development Organization:
New Way Social & Development Organization, established in 2011 and registered with the Ministry of Economy, Government of Afghanistan, is a development, advocacy, and humanitarian organization. Headquartered in Kabul, with programming hubs across northern and northeastern provinces, the organization is dedicated to empowering vulnerable and marginalized communities affected by war, natural calamities, poverty, and injustice. The focus includes integrated development, covering socio-economic, cultural, and good governance aspects, with community empowerment at its core.
As a Finance Officer at New Way Social and Development Organization, you will play a crucial role in maintaining financial records, ensuring compliance with procurement and financial procedures, and supporting critical financial functions. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain accurate records and receipts for all daily transactions.
- Keep financial records up to date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Collaborate with the procurement unit to ensure proper allocation and contracting of project budgets, leading to faster payments to suppliers while ensuring compliance and control requirements.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, procedures, and private sector policies in contracting/procurement, expenditures, and transactions.
- Provide critical review and monitoring of financial reports, considering budget lines, expense eligibility criteria, and valid support documents.
- Prepare expense vouchers for disbursements and reconcile organization’s bank books.
- Assist in financial audits.
- Ensure proper application of new policies or procedures introduced by the finance department.
- Prepare vouchers for invoices and payment documents.
- Process and track all project payments.
- File and label all financial documents according to the system.
- Clear project hard and soft documents monthly.
- Complete any other tasks assigned by the supervisor or Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local languages and English.
- Full knowledge of cultural and religious sensitivities and values.
- Compliance with organizational rules and regulations, including anti-harassment policy.
- Morally and disciplinary fit for the job.
- Good knowledge and skills in computer, particularly MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Candidates should be current residents of the mentioned duty station.
Interested candidates are required to submit their Cover Letter and CVs (combined in one file) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position title and the vacancy number in the subject of the email (e.g., Finance Officer – NSDO-44-2023).
Applications with insufficient, incomplete, and inconsistent information will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates for the written test and interview will be contacted due to the large number of applications.
Read Also: Reporting Officer