About Save the Children:
Save the Children, a global organization with a workforce of approximately 25,000, operates in over 100 countries, focusing on providing healthcare, education, and child protection to children affected by crises. Committed to creating a world where no child dies from preventable causes, all children receive quality education, and violence against children is eradicated, Save the Children values its employees, fostering a collaborative and inclusive workplace.
SCI – Afghanistan:
Save the Children has been making a lasting impact in Afghanistan since 1976, working closely with communities to deliver positive change for tens of thousands of children. Guided by the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Save the Children focuses on education, child protection, and basic health to improve the lives of children and mothers.
As the Finance Manager for the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) and other education sector awards, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure financial activities align with donor regulations. The role involves compliance management, relationship building, and proactive financial oversight for the Education Sector.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- GPE and Education Sector Awards Financial Management:
- Develop financial reports for GPE Education Projects.
- Provide support on support cost to the Finance Department.
- Collaborate with Budget holder, sub-budget holders, and finance staff.
- Communicate with the Awards Department on program financial issues.
- Develop reporting tools based on donor requirements.
- Update and proof-check report data processed by reporting tools.
- Develop budget template tools for GPE and Education Sector Awards.
- Reporting to donors for in-kind contributions.
- Work closely with partners for report reviews and follow-up on instalments.
- Be part of the partner assessment committee.
- Review and Coding of GPE Award Transactions:
- Review GPE Award transactions and ensure accurate coding.
- Ensure transactions are supported by appropriate documents.
- Provide inputs to salary allocation for GPE Award staff.
- Convert GPE financial transactions to OANDA in the SCI financial system.
- Projections and Budget Monitoring:
- Lead projections and budget monitoring for GPE Awards.
- Work with the budget holder on accurate projections.
- Prepare monthly BVAs and circulate to relevant staff.
- Conduct monthly financial monitoring and review with the budget holder.
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts:
- Ensure accrual of expenses when necessary.
- Record entries related to prepayment and office rent.
- Reconcile relevant balance sheet accounts.
- Financial Training and Staff Management:
- Train staff on GPE Award financial management.
- Supervise GPE Award finance staff and ensure performance management.
- Contribute to the recruitment of program finance staff.
- Process Improvement and Other Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to improve internal processes.
- Maintain Grants Management manual.
- Deputize for Senior Grants Manager when required.
- Participate in meetings for budget revision, financial reporting, and ad hoc issues related to GPE Awards.
- Travel to field offices for financial documentation visits.
Qualifications: Bachelors/Masters in Finance or Relevant Field.
Experience: Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent budgeting and budget management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze complex financial data.
- Business acumen and contribution to strategic decisions.
- Capacity for managing a diverse workload and working to tight deadlines.
- Experience in line management and capacity building.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English, Dari, and Pashto.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online. Please note that only applications submitted through the online portal will be considered.
Save the Children International is an equal opportunity employer and does not solicit money at any stage of recruitment.
Read Also: MHPSS Manager