About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a globally recognized humanitarian organization dedicated to providing relief and development assistance. As a non-governmental, non-political, and non-profit entity, CARE operates in over 90 countries, focusing on helping communities achieve lasting victories over poverty.
The Early Childhood Educator plays a crucial role in providing a safe and nurturing environment for children at the Maternal and Child Health Center (MCHC). Under the supervision of the MCHC In Charge, this position involves collaborating with various team members to enhance the overall effectiveness of the MCHC.
- Ensure the child-friendly corner is a secure environment for children.
- Develop and implement activities that support physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development.
- Engage children in recreational activities, fostering creativity and play.
- Plan age-appropriate activities to keep children actively engaged.
- Assess abilities, interests, and needs of children.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for children’s well-being.
- Communicate regularly with mothers to address concerns or needs of their young children.
- Provide emotional support to children and mothers within the MCHC.
- Collaborate with the MCHC team to enhance overall effectiveness.
Uphold CARE’s Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
Read and adhere to the Safeguarding Policy, signing the Code of Conduct in alignment with CARE’s policies.
- Preferably holds a 12th-grade school graduation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with children and in child development.
- Experience in Child Friendly Spaces is an asset.
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto, both spoken and written.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative and not necessarily all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
CARE is committed to human dignity, with a focus on protecting vulnerable adults and children from sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE has a zero-tolerance policy towards such acts.
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (ACBAR: Application Form) and an updated CV to email@example.com. Applications without the CARE Application form will not be accepted. Indicate the position title and Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (e.g., Early Childhood Educator CARE-AF-0791 Ghazni).
No telephonic inquiries. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Successful applicants will undergo background checks and reference checks before a final offer is made.
People with Physical Disabilities and Women are highly encouraged to apply.