About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE, a non-governmental humanitarian organization, extends relief and development assistance globally. As part of an International Confederation, CARE operates in over 90 countries, committed to achieving lasting victories over poverty.
The Early Childhood Educator in Parwan plays a crucial role in providing care to children at the Maternal and Child Health Center (MCHC). Engaging children in recreational activities within a safe child-friendly corner is integral to the holistic services provided.
- Ensure the child-friendly corner provides a safe environment for children.
- Develop and implement activities supporting physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development.
- Engage children in recreational activities, promoting overall well-being.
- Plan innovative and age-appropriate activities to keep children actively engaged.
- Assess abilities, interests, and needs of children.
- Create a supportive atmosphere for mothers to participate in PSS activities without concerns for their young children.
- Maintain a clean and secure environment for children’s well-being.
- Regularly inspect and address potential safety hazards promptly.
- Communicate regularly with mothers to address specific concerns or needs of their children.
- Provide emotional support to children and mothers.
- Collaborate with the MCHC team to enhance overall effectiveness.
Uphold CARE’s Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
Read and adhere to the Safeguarding Policy, signing the Code of Conduct in alignment with CARE’s policies.
- Preferably holds a 12th-grade school graduation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in child development and working with children.
- Experience in Child Friendly Spaces is an asset.
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto, spoken and written.
Duties listed are representative and not necessarily all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
CARE is committed to human dignity and has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation, abuse, and child abuse.
Submit the CARE Standard Job application form (ACBAR: Application Form) and an updated CV to email@example.com. Applications without the CARE Application form will not be accepted. Indicate the position title and Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (e.g., Early Childhood Educator CARE-AF-0789 Parwan).
No telephonic inquiries. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Successful applicants will undergo background checks and reference checks before a final offer is made.
People with Physical Disabilities and Women are highly encouraged to apply.
See Also: Early Childhood Educator