Join Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) in Afghanistan and contribute to our humanitarian mission. We are an international non-profit organization dedicated to providing emergency relief and life-changing development projects for vulnerable communities. As we continue our work in Afghanistan for over 23 years, we are currently seeking a qualified Cook to join our Supply Chain & Service Department. Under the overall supervision of the department, the Cook will play a crucial role in preparing and serving meals in accordance with planned menus and quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Cook at IRW, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Menu Preparation: Prepare and cook menu items in the appropriate quantities based on scheduled menus and staff preferences.
- Quality Assurance: Use proper tasting techniques to ensure quality taste and adherence to standard quality.
- Cleanliness: Maintain a clean and well-stocked work station, leaving it clean after use.
- Record Keeping: Accurately record the portion amount of food used during meals on service records.
- Temperature Monitoring: Accurately measure food temperatures and fill out sanitation and temperature logs as required.
- Communication: Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with a diverse set of staff, management team, and guests.
- Assistance: Assist the cleaner in cleaning the office premises, including vacuuming carpets, tidying, and dusting specified office areas.
- Hygiene Maintenance: Provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout specified areas.
- Additional Duties: Undertake any other duties as required from time to time as assigned.
To be eligible for this position, you should have:
Education: High School graduated or Basic Education at least.
Work Experience: At least 3-4 years of proven related experience in National or International NGOs.
Languages & Skills: Fluency in the local language is desirable.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and an updated CV through the following link: Cook – Samangan and Kunduz – Re-advertised
The closing date for accepting applications is 17 January 2024. Please ensure that you clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and the position title in the subject line. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Note: The interview will be on a rolling basis due to the urgent need of the position; it may take place before the closing date of the post/s.
Please refer to the submission guideline.
Read Also: Security Guard