About Islamic Relief Worldwide-Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian organization headquartered in Birmingham, UK. With over 23 years of presence in Afghanistan, IRW has been providing emergency relief and impactful development projects to support vulnerable communities. The organization focuses on various sectors, including emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
As a TVET Assistant, you will be responsible for preparing standard curricula for vocational skills training, coordinating with the Department of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (DAIL), recruiting qualified trainers, establishing vocational classes, and ensuring the overall progress and success of the training programs. Your role includes continuous monitoring, distribution of tool kits, and providing support for business start-ups or job placements to graduates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with DAIL for the development of training curricula for selected skills.
- Prepare ToR and selection criteria for Vocational Skills Trainers.
- Announce local recruitment for qualified trainers through the HR department.
- Select suitable locations for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in coordination with the community and DAIL.
- Set up and organize vocational skills training classes.
- Initiate and oversee the commencement of Vocational Skill Training.
- Monitor vocational skills training classes regularly through field teams and MEAL.
- Conduct technical monitoring of vocational skill training classes.
- Identify tool kits for TVET.
- Procure tool kits through the supply chain.
- Distribute tool kits to TVET trainees after graduation.
- Organize official certificate distribution ceremonies.
- Provide post-graduation support, including business start-up support or equipment.
- Conduct post-distribution monitoring through regular field visits.
- Ensure timely reporting of overall activities at the field level.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the line supervisor.
Bachelor’s in Education or Agriculture.
Graduates from Vocational Skills Institutes can also apply.
2-4 years of work experience, preferably with an international organization or local NGO in related fields such as women empowerment and community development.
Experience in collection and coordination with stakeholders.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Capability to work collaboratively in groups.
- Willingness to go to the field with other project staff if necessary.
- Punctual, on time, and able to meet deadlines.
Proficiency in Pashto, Dari, and English (both written and spoken).
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and an updated CV through the online application portal. The closing date for applications is 29 January 2024. Please include the Vacancy Announcement number and position title in the subject line. Late applications will not be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be called for a written test.
Please refer to the submission guideline.
Read Also: Admin & HR Officer