About Norwegian Afghanistan Committee
At NAC, we maintain a zero-tolerance policy for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH). We emphasize the prevention and protection from SEAH, making it the responsibility of all our members. Adherence to NAC’s Ethical Guidelines, Commitment, Child Protection Policy, and PSEAH Policy is mandatory for all staff, ensuring a safe and respectful working environment.
- As a Regional NRM/Climate Change Trainer, you will be responsible for implementing climate-smart agriculture and natural resource management (NRM) activities. Key tasks include:
- Conducting needs assessments, surveys, and focus group discussions on NRM/Climate change requirements.
- Supporting and implementing agricultural activities, training lead farmers, smallholder farmers, and community elders on climate-smart practices.
- Facilitating exchange visits for lead farmers and overseeing extension services provided by lead farmers.
- Establishing and training natural resource management committees aligned with the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock strategy.
- Training lead farmers and follow farmers on climate-smart agriculture and NRM technologies for demonstration and replication.
- Organizing environmental protection, climate change adaptation, pasture, rangelands, and forest management training for NRM community members.
- Conducting awareness campaigns on the impacts of climate change and organizing tree planting campaigns.
- Providing field input for the preparation of training manuals and materials.
- Active participation in meetings and collaboration with other program staff.
- Ensuring integration of climate-smart agriculture/NRM activities with other NAC sectoral activities.
- Keeping records of the training program and supply support to target civil society groups/communities.
- Assisting the M&E unit in collecting data from the field for baseline, midline, and final evaluations.
- Adhering to NAC Safeguarding Policy and providing timely feedback and suggestions to supervisors.
Fluent in Dari, good at Pashto, and proficient in English (speaking and writing).
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/NRM climate change.
- Four years of experience in climate-smart agriculture/NRM activities.
- Demonstrated success in climate-smart agriculture/NRM training for more than four years.
- Experience coordinating programs at the provincial level.
- Complete experience with household surveys and group discussions.
- Understanding of local cultural and religious contexts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, accountability, and good communication skills.
- Analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Office Package and job-related software.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Report writing skills and self-confidence in job execution.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their updated CVs and Cover Letters via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line indicating the job title and vacancy number (Regional NRM/Climate Change Trainer VA#102024).
Note: Applications with a subject line different from the mentioned format or received after the deadline will not be considered.
Ensure that your CV & Cover Letter are renamed to your full name to avoid rejection.
NAC is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The NAC offers an encouraging and team-oriented working atmosphere, significant career challenges, interesting work, and competitive salary packages.
How to Apply:
Send your application (CV and cover letter not exceeding 800 KB) to email@example.com.