About Norwegian Afghanistan Committee
At NAC, we enforce a zero-tolerance policy for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) within and beyond the organization. Prevention and protection from SEAH (PSEAH) are integral responsibilities of NAC officers, management, staff, consultants, and volunteers. Adherence to NAC’s Ethical Guidelines, Commitment, Child Protection Policy, and PSEAH Policy is mandatory, with any breaches leading to immediate termination and potential legal actions.
As a Regional NRM/Climate Change Trainer, you will play a crucial role in implementing climate-smart agriculture and natural resource management (NRM) activities. Your responsibilities include:
- Conducting needs assessments, surveys, and focus group discussions on NRM/Climate change requirements.
- Supporting and implementing agricultural activities, training lead farmers, smallholder farmers, and community elders on innovative climate-smart practices.
- Facilitating exchange visits for lead farmers and ensuring follow-up extension services.
- Establishing and training natural resource management committees aligned with the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock strategy.
- Training lead farmers and follow farmers on climate-smart agriculture/NRM technologies for demonstration and replication.
- Organizing environmental protection, climate change adaptation, pasture, rangelands, and forest management training for NRM community members.
- Conducting awareness campaigns on the impacts of climate change, climate change adaptation, and tree planting campaigns in local communities.
- Providing practical field input for the preparation of training manuals and materials.
- Actively participating in regular meetings with program and operation staff to address technical issues promptly.
- Ensuring integration of climate-smart agriculture/NRM activities with other NAC sectoral activities.
- Keeping and completing records of the training program and providing supply support to target civil society groups/communities.
- Assisting the M&E unit in collecting data from the field for baseline, midline, and final evaluations.
- Adhering to NAC Safeguarding Policy and providing appropriate feedback and suggestions to supervisors on relevant stakeholders concerning NRM activities.
- Coordinating with DAIL, other Governmental Agencies, and NGOs to leverage support for NRM activities.
- Undertaking any other tasks assigned by the regional program coordinator and head of the regional office.
- Coordinating with the line manager for report completion and confirmation with line departments at the district and provincial levels.
- Providing reports from trainings, workshops, practical sessions, and assessments conducted in communities.
- Assisting the regional program coordinator during the preparation of plans and reports.
- Submitting technical reports and providing technical assistance to the M&E Unit in report preparation.
- Documenting lessons learned and success stories in coordination with M&E staff.
- Representing NAC in coordination meetings with government and non-government agencies.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Additional duties may be assigned based on the nature of NAC projects, as directed by the direct supervisor. Priority will be given to the local community.
Fluent in Dari.
Good at Pashto.
Good at English (speaking and writing).
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/NRM climate change.
- Four years of experience in climate-smart agriculture/NRM activities.
- More than four years of demonstrated success in climate-smart agriculture/NRM training.
- Excellent experience in coordinating programs at the provincial level.
- Complete experience with household surveys.
- Good experience setting up group discussions to gather information.
- Excellent understanding of local cultural and religious context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, promoting collaboration and teamwork.
- Integrity and accountability.
- Good communication.
- Analytical skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Office Package and usage of job-related software.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Self-confident while performing the job.
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their updated CVs and Cover Letters via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line indicating the job title and vacancy number (Regional NRM/Climate Change Trainer VA#092024).