Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In line with our commitment to ensuring quality infrastructure projects, we are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the position of Quality Assurance and Quality Control Engineer.
As a Quality Assurance and Quality Control Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring construction projects adhere to the necessary quality standards and specifications. Your responsibilities will include developing and implementing quality control and assurance plans, overseeing inspections and testing processes, and actively collaborating with various stakeholders to guarantee the overall quality and safety of construction work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement comprehensive quality control and assurance plans for construction projects.
- Conduct inspections of health, education, and public infrastructure projects across the southern region.
- Monitor construction activities and provide support to the field team to ensure project success.
- Manage submittals during both the planning phase and project implementation.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in each province to ensure project alignment with local needs.
- Ensure sampling and testing of materials comply with technical specifications.
- Oversee construction activities, ensuring adherence to timelines and project documents.
- Conduct daily inspections of construction works, providing technical support.
- Maintain accurate daily records of construction activities and progress.
- Quantify completed work, crosscheck against the Bill of Quantity, and reflect in reports.
- Oversee the handover process of construction works to respective authorities.
- Conduct regular meetings with contractor representatives to review progress and address issues.
- Design and execute quality control procedures, analyze performance, and correct defects.
- Develop and submit quality reports to management, donor agencies, and authorities.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and report issues promptly.
- Perform other assigned tasks by the line manager.
- Knowledge in Project Management.
- Positive and constructive attitude, openness to change, and ability to manage complexities.
- Effective leadership skills, including mentoring and conflict resolution abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge and be flexible.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to deliver quality results within deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/construction engineering or a relevant field.
- 6 years of work experience in quality control and quality assurance.
- Proficient in relevant engineering software (AutoCAD, WaterGem, Civil 3D) and advanced MS Office skills.
- Knowledge of planning, organizing, and communication skills.
- Solid understanding and adherence to international norms, standards, and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English, Pashto, and Dari.
- Ability to travel to targeted provinces and related districts when required.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions, occasional overtime, and weekends.
Interested Afghan applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly indicate the vacancy number (VA#1375 Quality Assurance and Quality Control Engineer/Kandahar) in the cover letter and the subject line of your email. Please refrain from sending educational and work certificates at this stage. Applications without the location in the subject line will not be considered.
Join us in making a difference in the lives of Afghan women and contribute to building a brighter future through quality infrastructure projects. Women for Afghan Women is an equal opportunity employer.
Read Also: Project Officer (Call for CV)