About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps is a global organization committed to creating a better world in over 40 countries. In the face of disaster, conflict, or economic collapse, Mercy Corps implements innovative solutions, empowering communities to overcome adversity and build resilient societies.
Mercy Corps operates in transitional environments, providing emergency relief, promoting sustainable change, and supporting community-led initiatives. With a focus on Afghanistan since 1986, Mercy Corps has played a vital role in various sectors, including agriculture, skills development, renewable energy, natural resources management, and job creation.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Mercy Corps values diversity and inclusion, fostering a culture of trust and respect. The organization actively seeks diverse talents to strengthen global impact, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Mercy Corps is an equal-opportunity employer, actively promoting diversity and prohibiting discrimination based on various factors. The organization is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute and thrive.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Mercy Corps prioritizes respect, dignity, and the prevention of exploitation and abuse. Team members are expected to adhere to the highest ethical standards and conduct themselves professionally.
The “Lifesaving Integrated Emergency Response to vulnerable crisis-affected populations in Afghanistan” (BHA) program, funded by BHA USAID and implemented by Mercy Corps-Afghanistan (MCA), seeks experienced Enumerators. The role involves door-to-door registration of vulnerable households in Herat, Kandahar, and Balkh provinces.
- Proper registration of 1500 participants in Balkh using the online ONA platform.
- Adapt and apply information from orientation sessions for data collection.
- Ensure tools and materials for data collection are sufficient and appropriate.
- Motivate and obtain permission from respondents for interviews.
- Conduct interviews, record responses accurately, and revise completed questionnaires.
- Compile, record, and code information into a predefined COBO system.
- Represent MCA and the project to stakeholders in local languages.
- Daily reporting of work progress.
Timeframe / Schedule:
01 January to 28 February 2023, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Cash and NFI Coordinator and Program Officers
- At least one year’s experience in data collection using mobile phones and tablets (Open Data Kit – ODK).
- High school certificate; a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
To apply, submit your CV and Cover letter with the subject line indicating the vacancy number and position title to email@example.com by [30-Dec-23]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MCA provides office space but not lodging facilities. Team members must arrange lodgings if working in a field office.
Couple’s CVs should be in one folder with the subject MCA064-2023 Enumerators (Mahram Sharihya couples).
Females are encouraged to apply.
Join Mercy Corps in making a difference and contribute to the humanitarian intervention for vulnerable populations in Afghanistan. Your dedication as an Enumerator will play a vital role in ensuring accurate data collection and the success of the BHA program.
Read Also: Business Development Assistant