About Aga Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)), a vital part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is committed to enhancing living conditions and opportunities in some of the world’s most impoverished regions. As a non-denominational international development agency, AKF works across various sectors, from health and education to rural development, aiming to empower communities and individuals in disadvantaged circumstances.
As a valued member of the Finance Team, the Senior Finance Coordinator will actively contribute to the efficient management of the project. Responsibilities include ensuring smooth day-to-day financial transactions, maintaining accurate records, producing regular reports, and providing support to PIU Finance and other IPs FM teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Budgeting and Planning:
- Collaborate with the finance specialist to contribute to the development of the project’s annual work plan (AWP) in coordination with PIU and Implementing partners.
- Assist in preparing the project’s annual budget, ensuring compliance with AKF rules and regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Develop detailed operational and staffing cost plans in coordination with PIU and Implementing partners.
- Prepare annual and quarterly disbursement forecasts aligned with the project’s procurement plan and Work Plan/Cash Plan.
- Coordinate with AKF USA to administer Special Accounts for the project in accordance with WB requirements.
- Ensure the opening of project special accounts in commercial banks in coordination with IPs.
- Prepare realistic quarterly cash forecasts in coordination with sector specialists and submit to the donor for advance and replenishment.
- Track funds, liaising with AKF-USA and the World Bank to ensure fund availability.
- Periodically reconcile project records with WB Client Connection records for disbursements.
- Review and consolidate financial reports in coordination with PIU and IP teams, ensuring systems are in place to monitor expenses.
- Liaise with Finance Specialist to ensure IPs understand compliance matters related to WB grant management procedures.
- Coordinate with IPs for effective grant financial management.
- Review and consolidate quarterly financial reports submitted by IPs, providing feedback and resolution in coordination with Finance Specialist.
- Facilitate timely initiation and completion of audits, ensuring compliance with AKF and the Bank’s requirements.
Occasional Significant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data analysis.
- Audit documentation.
- Scanning/safeguarding of documents.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Decision-Making & Authority:
- Prepare relevant data analysis.
- Check budget availability of funds.
- Check variances and provide feedback to the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in economics, commerce, business administration, accounting, or finance.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience with government, national, and international organizations.
- Full or part-qualified CA, ACCA, CAT, or other professional fields will be a plus.
- Experience with WB projects is advantageous.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and supervision skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge in MS Excel and Iscala.
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with a cover letter to Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20th January 2024.
Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the email when applying.
No supporting documents are required at this stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
Salary scale: Grade B based on NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan encourages equal opportunity and safeguarding in all recruitment procedures. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Your details and information will remain confidential.
Read Also: Taxation Officer