About Aga Khan Foundation:
Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)), part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is dedicated to improving living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the most impoverished areas globally. AKF’s mission, established in 1967, focuses on providing sustainable solutions to long-term challenges, including poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF collaborates with rural communities to enhance natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The National Quality Control and Monitoring Engineer will oversee the quality control of civil works and equipment in water supply and sanitation projects under WERP projects. Reporting to the National Engineering Manager, the engineer will ensure adherence to quality standards during the construction and rehabilitation of water points/networks and sanitation services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to the regional team in construction management, including work planning, quality control, and progress reporting.
- Ensure regional teams follow QA/QC procedural manuals strictly to maintain desired quality standards for civil works.
- Assist in preparing QA/QC plans for all civil work contracts, collaborating with PIU engineering teams for effective project implementation.
- Ensure contractors adhere to QA/QC plan formats and recommend solutions for any quality-related issues.
- Conduct frequent site visits to monitor projects, providing feedback and support for desired quality in civil works activities.
- Assist in preparing QA/QC capacity-building courses and provide training to regional engineering teams and contractors.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports.
- Assist PIU teams and Third-Party Monitoring Agents (TPMA) on civil works quality-related issues.
- Adhere to AKF (Afg)’s commitment to safeguarding policies, reporting any suspicions or violations.
Occasional Significant Duties and Responsibilities:
Frequent site visits to ensure construction quality and maintain QC reporting formats.
Decision-Making & Authority:
Recommend QA/QC improvements to regional engineers and contractors.
Independently decide on civil works quality issues and propose remedy actions to contractors.
- University degree in civil engineering or a related field; Master’s degree in a water-related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in quality control of rural infrastructure projects, with preference for water and sanitation development experience.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with rural water and sanitation QA/QC standards, procedures, and regulations.
- Fluency in English and local languages.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Required Core Competencies:
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration.
- Knowledge of productivity norms, construction materials, equipment, and the labor market.
- Familiarity with communities, CDCs, DDAs, and CSOs.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and a cover letter to Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th February 2024. Please mention the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the email. No supporting documents are required at this stage. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment. The salary scale is Grade C based on the NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan follows equal opportunity and safeguarding policies.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared in this advertisement will remain confidential.