About Islamic Relief Worldwide Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is a distinguished international non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization headquartered in Birmingham, UK. Holding consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council, and a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movements and NGOs in Disaster Relief, IRW has been dedicated to providing emergency relief and transformative development projects in Afghanistan for over 23 years. Established in 1999, Islamic Relief’s Afghanistan office has been actively engaged in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the incumbent will lead the mobile health team in the province, focusing on screening and treating children with health needs and project patients. Regular field visits will be conducted to ensure treatment for the targeted beneficiaries, providing prescriptions, and educating patients on drug doses and potential side effects. The Medical Doctor (MD) will triage complicated cases to public healthcare providers, coordinate referrals with healthcare facilities, and manage patient registration and reporting. Collaboration with the team to raise community awareness on disease prevention, including COVID-19, and coordinating services with faith and community leaders are essential aspects of the role.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the mobile health team in the province.
- Screen and treat children with health needs and project patients.
- Conduct regular field visits to provide treatment to targeted beneficiaries.
- Provide prescriptions and educate patients on drug doses and possible side effects.
- Triage complicated patients to public healthcare providers.
- Coordinate and agree on a referral mechanism with healthcare providers.
- Register patients in the log, track medicine inventory, and provide monthly reports.
- Ensure timely reporting of project data and statistics.
- Increase community awareness on disease prevention, including COVID-19.
- Facilitate communication and coordinate services with faith and community leaders.
- Perform any other assigned or required tasks.
Medical Degree from Recognized Medical University
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in health and patient treatment with INGOs, Public Hospitals, or other prominent organizations.
- Experience in staff management, public outreach/counseling, community mobilization, and stakeholder coordination.
- Strong command of Pashto/Dari.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-ethnic team and handle diverse tasks.
- Working experience in targeted provinces with knowledge of the local community, geography, and culture.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and an updated CV through this link. The closing date for applications is 03-Feb-2024. Clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and position title in the subject line. Note that late applications will not be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written tests/interviews.
Note: The written test/interview may take place before the closing date due to the urgent need of the position.