About Aga Khan Foundation:
Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)), a vital agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), strives to enhance living conditions and opportunities in some of the most impoverished regions globally. With mandates spanning health, education, architecture, rural development, and private-sector enterprise promotion, AKF empowers communities and individuals, particularly in disadvantaged circumstances.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), established in 1967, is a non-denominational international development agency committed to creating and promoting innovative solutions to impediments in social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Operating as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, AKF has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries. In Afghanistan, AKF collaborates with rural communities in mountainous, remote, or resource-poor areas to enhance quality of life across various sectors.
The Internal Auditor for the World Bank Funded WERP Project will play a crucial role in the newly structured internal audit department of AKF. This position entails conducting internal audits for AKF and the Project Implementing Entities (PIEs) annually.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing annual internal audit plans in alignment with the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund Grant Agreement (Water Emergency Relief Project).
- Execute complex financial, operational, and compliance audits across all areas of the organization.
- Identify and report control weaknesses, process inefficiencies, and non-compliance issues related to the project components specified in the grant agreement.
- Collaborate with management and stakeholders to ensure audit findings align with the project’s financial and operational goals.
- Stay current with regulations, accounting standards, and best practices outlined in the grant agreement.
- Prepare clear, concise, and well-structured audit findings, conduct follow-up audits, and communicate effectively with supervisors.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards in all audit activities and maintain confidentiality as outlined in project documentation.
- Travel as required to conduct audits of IPs and AKF regional/district offices.
- Perform other tasks instructed by the manager or chief internal auditor, ensuring alignment with project objectives and the grant agreement.
- Uphold AKF’s commitment to safeguarding policies, reporting any suspicions or violations.
Occasional Significant Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare presentations, collect documents, file, and provide general administrative support when necessary.
Conduct special investigations as required and prepare detailed reports on findings.
Assist in internal control assessments and help establish effective control frameworks.
Decision-Making & Authority:
Data provision and communication.
Inputs in audit planning and risk assessment.
Follow-up with audit clients.
Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Business Administration with CIA certification or ACCA Part qualified.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Required Core Competencies:
- Knowledge of International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of IIA.
- Experience and knowledge of report writing, drafting, and summarizing audit observations, obtaining management responses.
- Experience and knowledge in coordination of audits.
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) or World Bank funded projects.
- Experience of working in professional audit and accounting practices is a plus.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to Jobs.email@example.com no later than 13th February 2024. Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying. No supporting documents are required at this stage. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment. The salary scale is Grade D based on the NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan follows equal opportunity and safeguarding policies.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared in this advertisement will remain confidential.