About Shining Star Educational Organization of Afghanistan (SSEOA):
Shining Star Educational Organization of Afghanistan (SSEOA) is a non-governmental organization dedicated to education and livelihood development in remote regions of Afghanistan. SSEOA aims to create educational opportunities for girls and women, fostering growth, prosperity, and peace through literacy and education. The organization strongly believes that educating girls is integral to achieving peace and prosperity in Afghanistan. SSEOA’s mission is to provide educational opportunities and livelihood skills, particularly for girls and women in remote regions.
Hygiene trainers play a crucial role in conducting hygiene awareness sessions at the community and household levels. They are responsible for activities such as hygiene kit distribution, solid waste cleanup campaigns, and maintaining close relationships with communities to ensure smooth program implementation. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Hygiene Trainer ensures the seamless execution of hygiene activities in targeted areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and organize hygiene activities and training sessions for the project.
- Develop materials on hygiene and formulate methodologies for implementing hygiene awareness sessions.
- Deliver hygiene awareness sessions to children and parents, emphasizing the importance of hygiene practices.
- Conduct hygiene awareness in a manner that promotes behavior change.
- Work towards promoting hygiene practices at the community level.
- Communicate the importance and impact of good hygiene practices to the community.
- Provide environmental and personal hygiene, as well as water and sanitation messages to the community.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with community members and leaders.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and other relevant project staff on all issues related to the implementation of hygiene activities.
- Develop a detailed and regular plan for conducting hygiene awareness sessions.
- Provide daily/weekly progress/activity reports to the Project Manager.
- Maintain an updated record of all field activities and undertake any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in WASH/environmental health or related subjects.
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills in diverse environments.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Previous experience in a similar role in another NGO/humanitarian organization is an asset.
- Experience in conducting trainings, meetings, or sessions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in both Dari and Pashto is required).
- Good knowledge of the English language is desirable.
Please submit the following documents to SSEOA no later than 20 January 2024. The subject line must be “Hygiene Trainer –Vacancy Number: 2024-02” to be considered for evaluation:
Cover letter demonstrating eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. A hard copy application package is not accepted.
Read Also: National Senior Data & MIS Officer – PIU