About Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC):
With over 35 years of dedicated service, NAC operates in various sectors such as Education, Gender and Human Rights, Governance and Civil Society, Health, Food Security, Job Creation, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Climate Change Adaptation. NAC envisions an Afghanistan where equality, democracy, human rights, and respect serve as the foundations for political action and development.
Compliance with Policies:
NAC maintains a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) within the organization and towards beneficiaries. Prevention of and protection from SEAH is the responsibility of all NAC officers, management, staff, consultants, and volunteers. Adherence to ethical guidelines and policies is crucial, and any breaches will result in immediate termination and possible legal actions.
The Grant Officer plays a crucial role in ensuring accurate and timely reporting, records management, and documentation related to grants. Reporting directly to the Head of Grants Management, the Grant Officer will collaborate closely with program staff to develop budgets, track receipts and invoices, monitor grant spending, and contribute to overall grant review and financial reporting.
- Prepare financial reports for each grant in accordance with donor requirements.
- Coordinate with program staff to develop budgets under the supervision of the Head of Grants Management.
- Track budgets effectively and in a timely manner.
- Monitor grant spending, including cash flow projections, burn rates, and budget forecasts.
- Review and process cash requests from the regions.
- Ensure timely completion of financial reporting as per grants agreements.
- Generate invoices for donors and share with the Head of Grants Management for review.
- Coordinate with program, finance, and knowledge management teams for quality implementation.
- Contribute to the yearly plans of operation process.
- Track budget expenditure of different projects on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated budgets for various projects/programs.
- Participate in yearly plan of operation (YPO) with grant and programs teams.
- Assist program and finance teams with budget forecasting.
- Travel and work in regional offices as required.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Head of Grants Management and country director.
Dari and Pashto (Fluent)
Bachelor of Business Administration or B.A in Finance/Accounting.
MBA degree/accredited qualification from any accountancy bodies such as ACCA is a plus.
5 years of work experience in Grants management and accounting related field in NGO/INGOs or Private companies.
Extensive experience in QuickBooks and generating reports is a must.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Strong accounting and finance management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including GAAP.
- Strong computer & Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure, during late hours, and weekends as required.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their updated CVs and Cover letter through email with the subject “Grant Officer VA#042024” to:
Applications different than the mentioned subject and later than the deadline won’t be delivered and automatically will be rejected.
Ensure that your CV & Cover Letter are renamed to your full name to avoid rejection.
NAC is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Competitive salary packages are offered.
Deadline for Application: [Insert Deadline]
Submission Email: email@example.com
See Also: Admin Officer