About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to providing relief and development assistance globally. As part of the International Confederation, CARE operates in over 90 countries, working towards lasting victories over poverty.
Summary of Key Functions:
As a Field Supervisor, you will play a crucial role in planning and leading the implementation of the ADA project at the field level. Your responsibilities include providing technical, logistical, and administrative support, overseeing staff, ensuring project achievements align with the work plan, and coordinating with local government departments and other organizations. You will be a key link between internal project stakeholders and external entities, contributing to effective project coordination.
Key Results Expected:
- Plan project implementation at district and community levels.
- Oversee the selection process of beneficiaries for all project interventions.
- Ensure project achievements align with the work plan and make course corrections when needed.
- Provide logistical and technical support to project staff.
- Conduct regular monitoring of field staff performance and project implementation, reporting findings to the Provincial Manager and Project Manager.
- Plan ahead with the team for potential risks and their mitigations.
- Demonstrate good teamwork, involve others in decision-making, and keep them informed.
- Ensure timely collection and submission of quality reports.
- Participate in local-level meetings and coordinate with relevant stakeholders.
- Uphold CARE’s policies and safeguarding responsibilities.
Enthusiasm for the work, excellent analytical and project management skills.
Willingness to work in challenging field conditions and travel as per project requirements.
Self-starter and planner with professional communication skills.
Skills and Experience:
General management and leadership skills.
Community development, monitoring & evaluation, and report writing skills.
Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Build personal and inter-project relationships.
Analyze issues and demonstrate cultural and gender sensitivity.
Exhibit teamwork, punctuality, and the ability to persuade others.
At least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in civil engineering, agriculture, social science, or other relevant technical fields.
Minimum of 3 years of work experience in project management, supervision, a relevant technical field, and community development, preferably with international NGOs.
Excellent written and oral communication in Dari, Pashto, and English.
CARE is committed to safeguarding policies and has a zero-tolerance approach towards sexual exploitation, abuse, and child abuse.
Submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (ACBAR: Application Form) to email@example.com. Indicate the position title and Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Field Supervisor CARE-AF-0809 Paktia) for consideration. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
CARE Afghanistan encourages applications from individuals with physical disabilities and women.