About Islamic Relief Worldwide Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian organization headquartered in Birmingham, UK. With consultative status at the United Nations, IRW is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movements and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Operating in Afghanistan for over 23 years, Islamic Relief has been providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for vulnerable communities. The first Afghanistan office was established in 1999, continuing to offer assistance in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
The Community Mobilizer, reporting to the CREATE project officer in Kabul province, will closely engage with communities to facilitate the beneficiary selection process, coordinate at the community level, conduct meetings, and provide technical and administrative support to CREATE project interventions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and administrative support to CREATE project interventions through regular monitoring and supervision.
- Assist the orphan sponsorship program officer in collecting annual progress reports.
- Supervise the day-to-day management of livelihood interventions and community services.
- Support the project officer in work planning and identification of project RHs (Resulted Households).
- Create awareness of project aims and objectives within the communities.
- Motivate community members through orientation sessions and project briefings.
- Maintain daily updated records and reports, ensuring accurate documentation.
- Demonstrate effective communication and flexibility, representing the organization on various platforms.
- Collaborate with community members and team members for project activity development, planning, and reporting.
- Identify and involve vulnerable groups and families in project planning and implementation.
- Regularly report on project progress and maintain records of achievements and challenges for lessons learned.
- Assist the project officer in creating and managing self-help groups (SHGs).
- Create SHGs and organize regular orientations and meetings with SHG members.
- Attend staff meetings and serve committees as required.
- Attend capacity-building training conducted by IRA.
- Perform any other tasks as required.
Diploma, 14 Grade in social science, development, economics, administration, or a related field. A Bachelor’s degree is preferable.
Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in NGOs in the field of community mobilizations.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to take initiative.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and an updated CV through the official application portal.
The closing date for applications is 11 January 2024. Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and the position title in the subject line. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Read Also: Finance Officer