About Norwegian Afghanistan Committee:
Join a mission-driven organization with over 35 years of commitment to supporting the Afghan people. The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) focuses on diverse sectors, including Education, Gender and Human Rights, Governance and Civil Society, Health, Food Security, Job Creation, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Climate Change Adaptation. Our vision is to contribute to an Afghanistan free of poverty, promoting equality, democracy, human rights, and respect as the foundations for political action and development.
At NAC, we uphold a zero-tolerance policy for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) within the organization and towards beneficiaries. We prioritize the prevention and protection from SEAH, making it the collective responsibility of our officers, management, staff, consultants, and volunteers. All team members are expected to adhere to NAC’s Ethical Guidelines and Commitment, Child Protection Policy, and PSEAH Policy.
As a Finance Officer at NAC, you will play a crucial role in the day-to-day cash management and transfers, ensuring efficient banking activities. Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation and recording of all types of vouchers daily
- Disbursement of approved staff salaries, operational expenses, and project payments
- Comparison of entries with original vouchers monthly for accurate record-keeping
- Reconciliation of Cash and Bank Balances at month-end
- Oversight of staff advances and petty cash, ensuring timely clearance and replenishment
- Tracking and timely payment of taxes in compliance with government regulations
- Documentation management, filing originals, and scanning soft copies according to established systems
- Assistance in reconciling accounts for annual and project audits
- Serving on the procurement committee as required
- Traveling and working in regional and field offices when necessary
- Acting as Finance Officer during their absence
Proficiency in Dari with basic knowledge of Pashto and English
Bachelor of Business Administration with Specialization in Finance; additional accounting qualifications are advantageous
Minimum four years of relevant experience in Finance and accounting
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team collaboration and ability to work independently
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting their updated CVs and Cover Letters through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the job title and vacancy number (Cashier VA#122024) in the subject line.
Note: Applications with different subjects or submitted after the deadline will be automatically rejected. Ensure that your CV & Cover Letter are renamed to your full name to avoid rejection.
NAC is an equal opportunity employer, encouraging women and people with disabilities to apply. We offer a supportive working atmosphere, significant career challenges, and competitive salary packages.
How to Apply:
Please send your application (CV and cover letter not exceeding 800 KB) to the email address below: