About New Way Social and Development Organization (NSDO):
New Way Social and Development Organization (NSDO) is a Kabul-based development, advocacy, and humanitarian organization founded in 2011 and registered with the Ministry of Economy, Government of Afghanistan. NSDO operates in Kabul and programming hubs across the north and northeastern provinces. Our mission is to empower vulnerable and marginalized communities affected by war, natural calamities, poverty, and injustice. We believe in an integrated development approach covering socio-economic, cultural, and good governance aspects. Community Empowerment lies at the heart of NSDO’s strategy, engaging with grass-root groups and communities to address the root causes of poverty, inequalities, and injustice.
- Maintain meticulous records and receipts for all daily financial transactions.
- Ensure the up-to-date maintenance of financial records with the latest transactions and changes.
- Follow up with the procurement unit to ensure proper allocation of project budgets, leading to faster payments to suppliers while ensuring compliance and control requirements.
- Ensure that contracting/procurement, expenditures, and transactions comply with laws, regulations, and procedures, including Private sector policies and procedures.
- Provide a critical review and monitoring of financial reports, considering budget lines, expense eligibility criteria, and valid support documents.
- Prepare expense vouchers for disbursements and reconcile the organization’s bank books.
- Assist in financial audits and ensure adherence to new policies or procedures introduced by the finance department.
Payment Processing and Tracking:
- Process and track all project payments.
- File all financial documents systematically as advised by the system.
- Clear all project hard and soft documents monthly.
- Responsible for completing any other tasks assigned by the related supervisor or Finance Manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local languages and English.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 3 to 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Full knowledge of cultural and religious sensitivities and values.
- Compliance and adherence to all organizational rules and regulations, including anti-harassment policy.
- Morally and disciplinary fit for the job.
- Good knowledge and skills in computer applications, particularly MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Interested candidates are required to submit their Cover Letter and CVs (in one file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date. Please mention the position title and vacancy number in the subject of their emails, for example: Finance Officer – NSDO-31-202.
NSDO is an equal opportunity employer, and applications with insufficient, incomplete, and inconsistent information will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview.
Read Also: Call for CV Finance Officer