Welcome to Koh-e Baba Consultancy Services (KCS), an Afghanistan-based subsidiary of the esteemed Prime Group of companies. KCS stands as a privately-owned firm specializing in executing development projects for international clients. Our core expertise encompasses various sectors, including agribusiness, agricultural extension, apiculture, horticulture, irrigation, livestock husbandry, veterinary support, and technical and vocational education and training.
Job Description: Value Chain Lead Fiber
The Afghanistan Value Chains Program (AVCP), funded by USAID and implemented by DAI Global, LLC (DAI), aims to foster sustainable agriculture-led economic growth across Afghanistan. Through a market systems development approach, AVCP collaborates closely with anchor firms in livestock and crop value chains. These collaborations, facilitated via ‘Deal Notes’, address critical constraints while propelling project outcomes. By primarily engaging with agribusinesses and key value chain stakeholders, AVCP endeavors to boost sales, investments, productivity, and overall growth.
The program focuses on pivotal value chain leverage points, striving to achieve fundamental sub-purposes:
- Increased Productivity and Stability of Value Chains
- Improved Commercial Viability and Operational Efficiency of Agribusinesses
- Engagement of Afghan Women in Agriculture
- Strengthening Climate Change Mitigation and Resiliency
Job Requirements: Role Overview
The Value Chain Lead Fiber plays a crucial role in coordinating activities related to the Fiber value chain. Responsibilities involve providing technical input for AVCP grant/co-investment documents, collaborating with the regional team, and focusing on technological adaptation for potential firms. This role aims to identify value addition opportunities, implement climate-smart strategies, and develop interventions focusing on women and food security within the Fiber Value Chain.
Responsibilities and Objectives include:
- Conducting pre-and post-harvest value chain analyses and ranking to address key constraints.
- Designing interventions to enhance service delivery, product quality, and regional trade potential.
- Creating market systems for value addition and entry into high-end markets for Fiber value chains.
- Strengthening linkages within the Fiber value chain among local, regional, and international actors.
- Providing technical assistance and training to agribusinesses and Fiber value chain stakeholders.
- Developing specific interventions for women-run anchor firms in the Fiber value chain to enhance productivity.
- Collaborating with the Market System Unit/Team for partnership documents and business visits.
- Enhancing product quality, food safety awareness, and related measures for stakeholders.
- Supporting BDS providers in implementing food safety measures for anchor firms.
- Contributing to reports, M&E activities, and national/international market surveys.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in relevant fields with extensive experience in value chains, agribusiness, or related areas.
- Prior experience in Fiber industry, working with nascent firms/entrepreneurs, preferably in the livestock sector.
- Proficiency in English, Pashto/Dari, and regional languages preferred.
Applicants meeting the criteria can submit their CVs to Jobs@kohebaba.net by December 12, 2023. Please mention the Job title and vacancy number in the subject line. No supporting documents required at this stage. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Include at least three active references in your CV.
Submission Email: Jobs@kohebaba.net