Join Women for Afghan Women (WAW) in our mission to empower Afghan women and girls, both in Afghanistan and New York. WAW is seeking a dedicated Reporting Assistant for our 12-month UNHCR-funded project, “Strengthen the protection environment for internally displaced persons and refugee returnees in East Afghanistan.” If you’re passionate about women’s rights and making a positive impact, we encourage you to apply.
As a Reporting Assistant, you will play a crucial role in the protection teams working on this project. Your responsibilities will include monitoring and documenting protection concerns of conflict-induced internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugee returnees. Through systematic monitoring, you’ll contribute to:
- Increased understanding of the protective environment, demographic data, vulnerability mapping, available services, and existing gaps affecting displaced and returnee communities.
- Sharable reports detailing necessary actions by all stakeholders to address protection concerns and gaps.
- Identification of measures and community support projects to mitigate protection risks and support the (re)integration of displaced and returnee communities.
- Collect protection monitoring forms and compile analytical reports for regular submission to UNHCR.
- Maintain weekly statistical reports on identified needs, referrals, beneficiaries, and main protection findings.
- Collaborate with UNHCR to ensure timely referral of identified needs and protection concerns to specialized agencies and actors.
- Draft concise community support project proposals in consultation with communities and protection monitors.
- Monitor project implementation progress for the respective area of coverage.
- Provide support, training, and guidance to protection monitoring staff.
- Represent the project with local authorities and other stakeholders in coordination with UNHCR.
- Supervise protection monitoring teams, ensuring adherence to humanitarian principles and confidentiality.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with relevant governmental and non-governmental actors.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in positions requiring substantial drafting and reporting skills.
- Previous experience in projects related to community empowerment, outreach, and protection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Fluent in Pashto, Dari, and English (highly preferred).
- Good knowledge of general protection principles.
- Strong reporting skills in English.
- Proficient in Office package (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent communication skills, experienced in working with national and international staff.
- Effective communication in coordination meetings with authorities and stakeholders.
- Understanding and sensitivity to cultural issues.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and work in basic conditions.
Interested Afghan applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in one PDF file to email@example.com. Clearly indicate the vacancy number (VA#1383 Reporting Assistant/Nangarhar) in the cover letter and email subject line.
Note: Avoid sending educational and work certificates at this stage. Applications without the location in the subject line will not be considered if received after the closing date.
Read Also: Internal Audit