Explore a fulfilling career with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) at Wazefagroup.com. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC responds to the world’s most pressing humanitarian crises, providing life-saving care and transformative assistance. Operating in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we lead the way from harm to home, restoring safety, dignity, and hope to millions in need. In 1988, IRC initiated its country program in Afghanistan, working across 10 provinces in diverse sectors, employing over 1000 dedicated staff.
Compliance with Policies:
At IRC, adherence to the IRC WAY and Safeguarding Policies is paramount. Our zero-tolerance approach to IRC Code of Conduct violations ensures the safety and well-being of all involved.
As a Medical Doctor, you will oversee the IRC’s Basic Health Center, managing daily clinical care activities and ensuring the delivery of high-quality primary healthcare services. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide direct clinical care, collaborating with clinical staff for comprehensive primary healthcare services.
- Manage medical, pediatric, and obstetric emergencies, ensuring proper handover and referral.
- Record all patient consultations and treatments accurately.
- Oversee the health clinic, ensuring adherence to clinical protocols, guidelines, and best practices.
- Conduct health and hygiene promotion for patients and caregivers.
- Ensure infection prevention and control measures are in place and monitor staff adherence.
- Uphold patient confidentiality and conduct consultations in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Maintain professional relations within the team, providing oversight and guidance for optimal staff performance.
- Provide medical support and mentorship to health facility staff, offering on-the-job training.
- Organize meetings with local committees, strengthening community relationships.
- Ensure accurate inventory and consumption tracking of medical drugs and supplies.
- Collaborate with relevant staff for timely requesting of medical drugs and supplies.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with local communities and government agencies.
- Document patient consultations and oversee accurate recording of information.
- Assist and supervise medical staff in maintaining facility registers and data collection tools.
- Submit timely reports and maintain confidentiality of IRC activities.
- Monitor team safety and security, reporting concerns promptly to IRC management.
- Qualified Medical Doctor from a recognized Medical University, licensed to practice in Afghanistan by the Ministry of Health.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in English for concise reporting.
- Ability to provide positive and constructive feedback.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of clinical experience in primary healthcare, preferably with integrated management experience.
- Professional skills in providing sensitive and appropriate medical care.
- Familiarity with local context, language, and culture.
- Ability to maintain beneficiary confidentiality and respect.
- Self-motivated, team player, and able to work under pressure.
- Technical Competency: Strong communication and reporting skills, fluency in Pashto, Dari, and English.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) are advantageous.
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
Employees are encouraged to remain in a position for at least one year before applying for another position within the organization.
Flexibility for employees working in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or more.
Qualified candidates, including internal candidates, are invited to apply via the following link: IRC Medical Doctor
Note: Applicants who recently applied/interviewed will not be considered again. Applications without the given link and/or online system will be disqualified.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and subsequent interviews. If you do not receive communication within TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline.