About New Way Social and Development Organization:
New Way Social & Development Organization, established in 2011 and registered with the Ministry of Economy, Government of Afghanistan, is a development, advocacy, and humanitarian organization. Headquartered in Kabul, with programming hubs across northern and northeastern provinces, the organization is dedicated to empowering vulnerable and marginalized communities affected by war, natural calamities, poverty, and injustice. The focus includes integrated development, covering socio-economic, cultural, and good governance aspects, with community empowerment at its core.
This position holds responsibility for all Finance-related tasks in Kabul and Parwan Provinces. The duty station for this position is Kabul province. As a Finance Officer, you will play a crucial role in financial management and compliance. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain detailed records and receipts for all daily transactions.
- Keep financial records up to date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Collaborate with the procurement unit to ensure proper allocation and contracting of project budgets, leading to faster payments to suppliers while ensuring compliance and control requirements.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, procedures, and private sector policies in contracting/procurement, expenditures, and transactions.
- Provide critical review and monitoring of financial reports, considering budget lines, expense eligibility criteria, and valid support documents.
- Prepare expense vouchers for disbursements and reconcile the organization’s bank books.
- Assist in financial audits.
- Ensure the proper application of new policies or procedures introduced by the finance department.
- Prepare vouchers for all invoices and payment documents.
- Process and track all payments of the project.
- File all financial documents and label the files as advised by the system.
- Clear all project hard and soft documents monthly.
- Complete any other tasks assigned by the related supervisor.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local languages and English if possible.
- Full knowledge of cultural and religious sensitivities and values.
- Compliance and adherence to all organizational rules and regulations, including the anti-harassment policy.
- Morally and disciplinary fit for the job.
- Good knowledge and skills in computer, particularly MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Candidates should currently be residents of the mentioned duty station.
Interested candidates are required to submit their Cover Letter and CVs (combined in one file) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position title and the vacancy number in the subject of the email (e.g., Finance Officer – NSDO-45-2023).
Applications with insufficient, incomplete, and inconsistent information will not be considered.
We appreciate all applicants’ interest; however, only those short-listed for the written test and interview will be contacted due to the large number of applications.
Read Also: Finance Officer (Call for CV)